On behalf of my client I am urgently looking for a System Engineer with prior experienced gained in the Defence / National Security sectors and who holds an active Security Clearances (NV1 and upwards).
The role is being offered as initial 12 month day rate contract with a view of extension beyond this and will be based from my clients offices in Canberra.
As the Systems Engineer you will be working alongside clients to effectively and efficiently drive optimal solutions, and inform client decisions which leverage innovation. You will also be required to support the development of Engineering documents underpinning the Business Case for a large ICT Project within Defence.
The role will initially have responsibility for authoring the Operational Concept Document (OCD).
With oversight and guidance from the Engineering lead, you will draw on Defence strategic guidance and user scenarios, content that has already been drafted in collaboration with Defence, studies that are being led by the engineering team, and from workshops which are being scheduled. Therefore it is essential that you have experience authoring an OCD within the Defence Capability Life Cycle (CLC).
Key attributes required to be considered include:
- Demonstrated background and experience in ICT engineering;
- Experience in the conduct of Systems Engineering activities, including Verification and Validation activities.
- Demonstrated background in understanding of ADF networks;
- Prior experience in contributing to the review and updates of engineering artefacts including Management Plans, Capability Development Documents and Contract Documents.
- Relevant technical qualification in System Engineering and/or Network Engineering;
- Highly effective written skills, with experience writing within the Defence CLC (specifically authoring an Operational Concept Document)
- Minimum NV1 clearance.
My clients are looking to conduct telephone interviews for this role in the next few days so if you would like to be considered please forward a copy of your updated resume to Sarah Wallace (email@example.com) OR call me on 02 90371856 for a confidential chat.