On behalf of my clients who are highly regarded in the Defence space I am currently looking for an experienced Solution Architect to be based in Canberra.
My clients can consider candidates who are looking for either a long term day rate contract or a permanent role.
As the Solution Architect your primary responsibility will be to oversee and support on a design and development for a high-profile project.
You must hold current NV2 Security clearance. Key Responsibilities:
- Develops solution architectures and design ensuring consistency with specified functional and non-functional requirements.
- Work with IT Stakeholders and business teams to ensure consensus.
- Ensures architecture and design is agreed with both internal and external customers.
- Create or modify IT Solution Architectures to solve complex problems; taking technology, people, process, culture and desired results into account
- Provide guidance on IT Infrastructure roadmap.
- Oversees and assures the implementation of the design in collaboration System and Software Designers.
- Owns and manages technical and solution risks. Works to reduce and mitigate at earliest practical opportunity
- Leads estimation efforts
- Provide architecture oversight to delivery team members to develop, test and deploy solution components.
- Works with Delivery Assurance functions to agree how the quality and progress of a given solution delivery should be tracked.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 8+ years' experience in Solution Architecture
- Familiar with architectural frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachmann)
- Systems Engineering experience will be highly regarded
- Requirements analysis and management.
- Experience with loosely coupled component design and microservices architectures
- Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure, networking and security technologies.
- An ability to communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Understands how to manage design baselines and has worked in an iterative system development environment.
- Prior experience in the defence or military industries is essential
If you have the aforementioned skills and would like to be considered for this role please forward me a copy of your updated CV to Sarah Wallace (email@example.com) OR call me on 02 90371856.