On behalf of my clients I am currently working on an urgent role assisting them in sourcing a highly experienced Procurement Manager.
The role is initially being offered as 4 month day rate contract with view of extension and will be based from Melbourne.
As the Procurement Manager you will be required to oversee the Professional Services and BPO and will be responsible for holistic BPO engagement management, and Professional Services category management at an enterprise-wide level. The role engages with multiple functions at executive level.
The role will also hold responsibility for developing and executing sustainable procurement value through setting direction, leading and influencing, managing strategic BPO procurement planning, active supplier risk management with a focus on identifying and delivering key improvement initiatives, commercial negotiations, contract management
The role requires:
- Ensuring that business partners are supported strategically through solid plans that can deliver significant value
- Leading, developing and coaching a team of Procurement professionals and at times contingent workforce to achieve a high performing team
- Spanning, managing and delivering the breadth of the entire procurement processes (but with a focus on post execution contract management) whilst embedding the processes both within and outside their team to achieve best practice process maturity
- Providing a clear vision, direction and path for BPO and Professional Services decisions, for their Business Partners and their teams, and constantly driving a continuous improvement culture
- Challenging commercial and demand requirements, assessing fit for purpose and alignment with supply market capability
- Proactively managing senior stakeholder relationships with customers and suppliers to achieve best practice customer service outcomes
- Actively leading, thinking, delivering and solving complex problems both within and outside of your specific domain
- Working closely with Senior Business Partners to develop and deliver procurement strategies, plans and initiatives to deliver value for their business partners
- Drive consistent adherence to Procurement commercial standards and policies
- Lead and maintain strategic supplier relationships and oversee continuous improvement, escalation and consistent resolution of issues.
To be considered for this role my clients are looking for a candidate who has:
- At least 8 years working in a similar role with proven people management capabilities / experience
- Deep commercial and contractual experience and knowledge
- Experience with building relationships with executive stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to develop people to meet both their career goals and business goals.
- Able to drive vision and purpose
- Strong customer focus
- Telco experience would be highly desirable although not essential.
- Candidates must be Australia Residents - no sponsorship will be given.
If you have the aforementioned skills / capabilities and would like to be considered for this role please forward a copy of your updated resume to Sarah Wallace (firstname.lastname@example.org) OR call me on 0290371856.