Title: Senior Legal Counsel
Location: Sydney CBD
Please note: Due to Australias strict COVID related international border closures, only candidates based in Australia will be considered for shortlisting.
- Provide high value legal services to the organisation, with a focus on superannuation and IDPS platforms and products;
- Assist internal clients to achieve business and strategic goals and priorities in the context of robust legal risk management.
- Provide guidance and thought leadership the organisations business on emerging regulatory and industry issues; and take a key role in contributing to a strong culture of compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Provide incisive, practical legal advice to the Fund, with a particular focus on superannuation and IDPS platforms and products.
- Participate in and lead strategic legal input into business and product transformation projects.
- Demonstrate leadership whilst working collaboratively as a team member actively sharing your expertise and knowledge with others.
- Contribute to the achievement of, and take ownership in achieving, the goals and targets for Legal Services.
- Provide plain English, accurate, timely, advice through effective communication.
- Develop and implement legal policy, regulatory and compliance frameworks that optimize the management of risks and compliance.
- Be an active and contributing team member especially in respect of excelling in member service, simplifying processes and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement where applicable.
- Actively contribute to the building and maintenance of legal corporate knowledge management, precedent management and encourage sharing of knowledge with colleagues.
Skills / Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to lead (with potential for direct reports).
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent relationship and rapport building skills, including the ability to persuade and influence colleagues and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated judgment in identifying and managing emerging legal issues.
- A positive and energetic approach to your day to day work.
- A robust understanding of the commercial and regulatory environment affecting superannuation and investments including experience advising on the key regulatory and trust law issues.
- Excellent technical skills including the ability to quickly grasp issues in complex matters as well as learning new areas of expertise
Please APPLY via the link if you feel you're suitable for this role or contact Scott Aitken at Oceans group