A leading Global reinsurer is looking to hire an Actuary with strong analysis / analytics skills to look to build on the firm's focus and belief around how data and the use of it will frame the future operating direction of their business and the wider Life / Health insurance marketplace.
As a key contributor to the Global Knowledge Team, you will ensure that strong connections are fostered between the key intermediaries overseas and the local business, so efficient leverage of internal capabilities and tools can be gained for all parties.
In particular, this role will ensure that this expertise is comprehensively and efficiently utilised to ensure that risks are monitored and understood at a granular level (particularly but not limited to Disability Income products) and that relevant and high-quality insights are provided to management and clients. This would include the development of the experience analysis and data analytics capability, providing valued client insights and research to optimise the existing in-force and to support new business growth.
More generally, this role will contribute to fostering 'communities of people' by sharing knowledge and providing trainings on biometric risk and data analytics related topics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure best practices regarding experience analysis and other data science /analytics approaches are shared within the group and to support the implementation of such approaches.
- Actively participate to build and develop the Biometric Risk Modelling community across markets ensuring more actuarial modelling knowledge connectivity.
- Support the development of relevant thought leadership research for clients and the ANZ macromarket, linking with the R&D function / Knowledge Team.
- Ensure the analytics capability is leveraged to support timely understanding of emerging experience within inforce portfolios and produce effective management information.
- Help to coordinate multi-disciplinary skills across local functions (EA, pricing, valuation, product, UW, Claims) and regional/divisional teams to help develop best-in-class analytics service capability
- Deliver relevant, valued and timely client insights to optimise existing in-force and support future new business growth in a clean and easy to understand format.
- Promote knowledge both internally and externally, through communication and events showcasing the firm's knowledge capabilities, while looking to improve methods and tools and more generally the knowledge base on biometric risks and data analytics.
Required Experience & Competencies desired:
- Ideally, (a minimum of) 5 to around 10 years of experience in life and health insurance, with recognised experience in biometric risk.
- Well developed skills in statistics/mathematics with a keen interest in statistical/stochastic actuarial modelling and new data science approaches.
- Self-starter with resilience to co-ordinate and project manage to achieve the required outcome, with the capacity to be able to interact easily with all levels of staff and clients on a local, regional and global level.
If this role sounds like the perfect combination of your past experience and where you have been looking to focus your future, then please apply on line now to be considered.
Alternatively, if you are keen to discuss how your strong statistical / mathematical background and life insurance experience aligns to this role, then please call me on (02) 9873 0010 to discuss.
P.S. The right to live and work unrestricted in Australia is required for this role. Due to application numbers expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Thank you in advance.