About our client
We have been exclusively retained to source and secure a Business / Pricing Analyst for Freechoice Australia based in the Gold Coast. This progressive business comprises of a store network of 300 retail outlets with a blend of both corporately owned and operated and franchised. As the clear market leader in its category, Freechoice continues on its road map of exceptional retail operations and customer service.
Freechoice is a high performing business that equally has a high level of purpose and values throughout. Their people are their most important asset - so your personal career development is paramount.
About the role
This role is responsible for directly overseeing and providing support to the Freechoice company owned Corporate Store Network nationwide. The person will be working in partnership within the operations team on several data analysis projects. Some being weekly and monthly routines, and others being ad-hoc requests by several stakeholders across the business. Key focus being tobacco pricing and profitability.
The Business / Pricing Analyst is responsible for pricing strategies to drive revenue and profitability. To do this effectively, you will leverage your retail and analytical skills to optimise and review prices for a large assortment of merchandise, utilising advanced solutions in data analytics and pricing strategies.
You will be responsible for:
- General reporting and analysis across the business including margin analysis and other ad hoc finance related tasks.
- Gathering, structuring, and analysing internal and external data using a broad range of descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics technologies
- Preparing and manipulating data to enable modelling, analysis, monitoring and/or reporting components of the pricing process
- Analytical modelling skills including understanding and execution of statistical market data information, collating predictive model outcomes and/or actual data to perform pricing analyses that have a complete view of cost, price, competitive position, and demand
- Responding to insights gained after a price change in an efficient and effective manner
- Developing and maintaining monitoring reports that assess the effectiveness of pricing decisions and the financial health of portfolio
- Performing pricing analysis and make pricing recommendations as part of the usual portfolio review processes, and to support the development and maintenance of new and existing products
- Administration and maintenance of Dynamics RMS systems
- Presenting outcomes from analyses in relevant forums and to seek approval and guidance from manager and senior management
You will have an outstanding track record in another retail business with demonstrated success in your previous role as a merchandise analyst or pricing analyst with a strong focus on revenue and profitability. A proven track record in using appropriate analytical processes and solutions to manage several categories with a large number of products.
Skills and attributes we are looking for are:
- Advance Microsoft Excel and data management skills
- A decision maker, passionate about making a difference and finding a solution
- A team player with a hands-on approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable and willing to take initiative with problem solving and improving processes
- Possess an attention to detail and can work autonomously
- Demonstrated experience with the following technologies SQL, Microsoft Power BI and advanced Excel reporting skills
- Demonstrated experience with Data Warehouse and Master Data Management concepts
- Strong knowledge in database management (MS SQL) with the ability to write SQL: stored procedures, views, triggers, user-defined functions
- Demonstrated experience producing detailed data models, data flow architecture, data migration and data transition architecture
- Demonstrated experience in developing appropriate test/validation plans for dashboards and reports as well as coordinating and facilitating testing
- The ability to develop innovative solutions to problems.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
Experience & Qualification:
- Experience with sales, retail and operations financial management
- Degree qualified in related fields: marketing, commerce, economics, mathematics
- FMCG experience is essential / tobacco desirable
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in pricing related field
- Experience in econometric analysis and foresights
What's on offer?
An excellent remuneration package is available for the right individual.
We are conducting a national search; therefore, a relocation package to the Gold Coast is also available for interstate candidates.
In the first instance, please submit your CV in order to be considered.
This is a retained solution. Any direct or third-party applications will be forwarded to Oceans Group for consideration.