Title: Product Manager - Operational Risk
(Great opportunities for Assistant Product Risk professionals to make that next step into a Product Manager)
Location: Sydney CBD
Please note: Due to COVID related boarder closures, only candidates based in Australia will be considered for shortlisting.
About the role:
This role is responsible for assisting the Products Team with its ongoing focus on product risk and compliance management. The role's focus will be on continued regulatory and operational risks improvement and ensure consistency with risk management across product offering and business value chain.
It is accountable for continued monitoring and proactive improvements of the end-to-end product and process risk and control environment.
- Lead product risk initiatives with a balance mindset between commerciality and business risk, continuously analysing and enhancing a strong risk culture in Product.
- Define, maintain and regularly communicate Product Risk roadmap to the Product team and business stakeholders.
- Attend and drive engagement across the product value chain and business units.
- Assist in the rollout and uptake of Products' risk projects and initiatives.
- Expand your knowledge across business activities, with a specific focus on risk and compliance with a product lens.
- Test and challenge key controls in place to mitigate high-rated risks.
- Recommend and employ continuous enhancements to Products' end-to-end product design, delivery processes, and risk management systems.
- Identify and implement preventative and detective controls best practice across product processes.
- Assist with design and roll out of appropriate, understandable, operational risk training.
- Drive risk in change agenda across Products to manage delivered risk initiatives.
Prior experience needed:
- Experience with operational risk
- Strong knowledge of home lending products and processes
- System design / BRD experience
- Experience in the end-to-end leadership of risk management in complex corporate environments
- Ability to proactively identify, understand, communicate, and act on current and future risks
- Work collaboratively with other product team members and business units to ensure risks are identified and actions are taken to delivery sustainable results
- Ability to challenge risk management status quo with a commercial lens
- Ability to work well under pressure and organise priorities to meet deadlines
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Adaptability and accountability
Please feel free to also connect with me vial LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-aitken-4037405b/
APPLY via the link