On behalf of my clients I am currently looking for an experienced Account Manager with prior experience gained dealing with clients in the Australian Defence sector.
The role will be based from clients site in Melbourne, Australia.
This role will be primarily focused on managing the commercial relationship between our client and the Australian Defence Force but will also include several other (non-Defence) customers.
This position reports to the APAC Sales Director and will work closely with the PMO and the Software Development team to ensure the commercial aspects of each customer account are well managed.
Duties and RESPONSIBILITIES
Account Management will include the management of the following key aspects of each assigned customer relationship:
- Contract management and contract renewal administration
- Research, develop and maintain positive long-term relationships with each customer to ensure Customer Satisfaction and to support securing additional work.
- Sales and Business Development lead generation
- Support Sales Team to identify new opportunities
- Assist Sales Team to create and maintain an opportunity pipeline and exceed sales targets
- Identify up-sell and cross-sell opportunities for existing customers
- Investigate and negotiate services and deliverables for commercial benefit
- Operate as the lead Point of Contact for all matters specific to your customers
- Help desk / issue escalation / resolution
- Keep others fully informed regarding plans, progress and issues
- Source, collate, analyse and communicate information on a timely basis using the most appropriate medium
- Prepare accurate and timely status and other reports as required and requested
- Travel required may be up to 30% within Asia-Pacific
- Work in partnership with others and listen objectively to their views. Able to influence others to achieve desired results, speak clearly and effectively, be persuasive. Interact effectively at all levels.
- Able to express technical detail and concepts accurately both orally and in writing.
- Able to read, analyse and interpret complex documents.
- Able to generate and deliver effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex topics.
- Comfortable delivering effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to stakeholders
- A creative and resourceful person who can take new approaches to achieve better outcomes.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- An ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract ideas.
Skills / Qualifications Required:
- Minimum of 4 years' experience managing customer accounts in a software or related business
- Minimum of 2 years' experience dealing with software support contracts
- Australian Defence experience - highly regarded
- Possess, or have the ability to acquire, an NV1 security clearance (highly desirable)
- Possess or be able to demonstrate the ability to acquire a working knowledge of clients product and service offering, and the application to market.
- A solid understanding of Information Technology including the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - essential
- Project Management experience - highly desirable
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Asana - desirable
If you have the aforementioned skills and would like to learn more about this role please hit 'Apply Now' or send a copy of your updated resume to Sarah Wallace (email@example.com)