On behalf of my clients I am urgently looking for a highly experienced Senior Data Architect for an initial 6 month contract based in Sydney CBD.
Reporting in to the Head of Architecture you will join a team that is making use of the latest technology with an increasing focus on data sharing and analytics.
As the Senior Data Architect you will be required to:
- Analyse requirements for Data projects
- Develop designs for Data Exchange/ Data Integration, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Reporting and analytics solutions
- Design of Data driven applications for clients.
- Liaise effectively with business stakeholders and IT SMEs.
- Outline data quality processes and create solutions for data conversion and integration.
- Assist with the scoping and planning of data related projects
- Produce solution architecture, designs and associated specifications
- Liaise with customer facing groups as needed to understand client and customer needs in a rapidly evolving environment
- Make application design decisions that ensure effective, secure, scalable, convergent, flexible and manageable solutions of high standards
- Assess existing business level information models (conceptual / logical)
- Understand legacy environments, particularly Lotus Notes and ADABAS - by working with internal specialists
- Understand current platforms - Microsoft Dynamics, CRM, SharePoint, SQL Server
- Develop enterprise models that ensure new platforms are configured in a manner that enables enterprise wide deployment supporting reuse of business process and data patterns
- Determine resource and capacity requirements for the application solution
- Document deployment infrastructure
- Develop data migration strategies and designs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of migration plans, Migration Frameworks and data validation and reconciliation patterns
- Lead data assessment
To be considered for this role my clients are looking for somebody with the following skills / experience (All ESSENTIAL)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in information technology / related subjects.
- Deep experience in Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Advanced knowledge of MS Data/BI, experience with Qlik /Qlik Sense and exceptional SQL skills and exposure to other data query and manipulation programing/scripting languages.
- Knowledge of enterprise grade data and information modelling concepts and tools
- An ability to quickly develop a detailed knowledge of ASIC's application, infrastructure and test environment
- Some exposure to AWS or Microsoft Azure data & analytic services are desirable such as AWS S3 /Object Storage, Spark, Kafka, ElasticSearch, NOSQL, Snowflake.
- Experience gained working for financial services or Government companies is highly desirable.
***Please note that only Australian Citizens can be considered for this role***
If you have the aforementioned capabilities and would like to be considered for this role please forward me a copy of your updated CV for immediate consideration.