On behalf of my clients who are a global Insurance firm I am currently looking for an 2 experienced Underwriters.
The roles are initially being offered as 6 month day rate contracts (with view of extension) and will be remote working roles with a preferences for candidates that are based in either Sydney or Melbourne.
- Reviews Personal Lines new business with approval authority for complete, lower complexity business submissions.
- Applies Personal Lines average product knowledge including, but not limited to, Company Personal Lines underwriting guidelines and policy forms, Insurance Services Office's manuals and forms as well as knowledge of and familiarity with rating processes for all Company Personal Lines product offerings.
- Responds to basic Claims Reports to Underwriting (CRU), and makes recommendations for any actions, if needed.
- Technical - managing referrals, negotiating rates and terms with brokers, as well as preparing quotes and policy conditions
- Broker Servicing - develop broker relationships, manage their enquiries and ensuring portfolio profitability via the desk and some face to face
- May also be involved with providing technical support on the insurance platform
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience, specifically in system support and technical helpdesk areas (DESIRABLE)
- Proven track record in delivering exceptional customer service (ESSENTIAL)
- Prior experience in the insurance / financial services industry is a must (ESSENTIAL)
Skills / Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge in Personal Lines insurance
- Knowledge of underwriting rules and policies.
- Knowledge of underwriting guidelines and how to apply these to business proposals
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (able to articulate and speak with a clear voice)
- Able to work collaboratively with a broad range of constituencies and diverse groups
- Broad knowledge of service management practices, tools, and processes
- Solid relationship management skills
If you have the aforementioned skills / capabilities for this role and would like to be considered please forward a copy of your updated CV to Sarah Wallace (email@example.com) or call me on 0290371856.