On behalf of my clients in the Defence sector, I am currently looking for Technical Business Analysts who have experience gained in a similar role gained in Defence, other Federal Government Organisations or ex-forces background.
Due to to exponential growth there are multiple roles at varying levels available (mid to senior). If you haven't worked directly in the Defence sector, training will be provided so this could be of interest to people who have experience from other Government entities that are keen to strep into and carve a career for themselves in the Defence Industry.
The roles will be based in Canberra and are being offered as full time permanent positions. Candidates need to hold a Baseline Clearance (or above) clearance and should be able to obtain NV1 in the future so at this stage only Australian Citizens can be considered.
As the Technical Business Analyst you will be require to translate client needs into technical requirements, and recommends solutions that typically involve a combination of analytical, process and business transformation outcomes. You will be assist in delivering solutions that improve business processes and systems
Main Duties may include (dependant upon level):
- Perform investigative interviews to elicit stakeholder perspectives, motivations and requirements.
- Conduct methodical investigation and review of existing business functions and processes, the information used and the data on which the information is based.
- Review and analyse emerging technologies, software and platforms for inclusion in solution design.
- Define current and future operational scenarios covering use cases, processes, data flows, models, wireframes and solutions.
- Identify, define and validate business requirements to inform the solution design and guide technology recommendations.
- Work with the client and technical solution architect to translate client needs into prioritised technical requirements which will inform the recommended solution capabilities.
- Rapidly build develop proof of concepts to demonstrate applicability of emerging technology to solve client problems.
- Team with product owners, technology stakeholders and development squads to design and implement scalable and efficient analytical and automated solutions.
- Partner with development teams to translate analytical assumptions, constraints and outcomes into business context for stakeholders.
Key Skills / Experience Required:
- A minimum of 3 years + in a similar role in Defence or other Australia Government Organisation.
- Baseline Clearance with the ability to obtain NV1.
- Demonstrated experience as a Business Analyst within the Australian Government supporting, requirements management through to acceptance testing, training and implementation activities and ensuring the successful delivery of overall business and technology solutions
- End to end business analysis skills: process mapping, process re-engineering, user stories, workshop facilitation and improvement techniques
- Be able to present in a professional manner with a high degree of personal awareness and desire to be a part of a high performing team.
- Proven ability to develop and manage enduring client relationships, engendering a sense of trust and respect.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and visual design communication skills.
- Degree qualified desirable
- Qualification or Certification in a related discipline desirable.
If you have the aforementioned skills and would like to learn more about these roles please hit Apply Now or forward a copy of your updated resume to Sarah Wallace (firstname.lastname@example.org).