On behalf of my clients in the Australian Defence sector I am currently working on an urgent requirement assisting them in sourcing an experienced System Engineer for a large Defence project.
The role will be based from clients site in Canberra and will initially be signed up until the end of December with a further 12 month extension.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to develop the next generation of Deployed and Tactical ICT Systems for the Land and Air environments in the newly created Warfighting Networks and Applications Support Organisation (WSO) Directorate. The role will see the successful candidate progress and manage the successful delivery of various technical outcomes to achieve Gate 1 approval.
- Understanding of the Defence capability lifecycle/project Gates and review process in the context of the new CLC.
- A demonstrated, high level of analytical ability.
- A team player with the ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships in a diverse organisation.
- A strong risk-based engineering approach, ideally with its demonstrated application in an ICT context.
- Ability to produce, contribute to and review various key CDD artefacts like FPSs, TEMPs, and V&V Plans.
- The need to participate in and eventually contribute to working groups with multinational partners for alignment with future ADF deployed networks.
- Ability to manage sub-contractor deliverable as needed.
- Current and Active NV1 or above clearance
- Experience in Defence projects and Capability Acquisition
- Qualification or Certification in Systems Engineering is desirable
- Qualification or Certification in Network Design or Network Security is desirable
If you have the aforementioned skills and would like to be considered for this role please send a copy of your updated CV to Sarah Wallace (email@example.com) OR call call me on 0290371856 for a confidential discussion.