On behalf of my clients a global IT Consultancy I am urgently looking for an experienced SOC Team Leader who will be based from their offices in Melbourne.
Ideally my clients are looking for a permanent member of staff but they are also open to considering candidates who would prefer to start as a contractor and turn permanent thereafter.
With this role being a 'hands on' position this opportunity will suit somebody who has extensive experience previously working as a Level 2 / Level 3 SOC Analyst and who is now ready to take on their career to the next level.
Reporting directly into the SOC Manager, your main duties will include:
- In addition to performing functions of a Security analyst, the primary focus will be to oversee and manage the day-to-day operational aspects of SOC including:
- Act as an authoritative contact for Level 1 and Level 2 Analysts
- Act as a technical lead for the managed and supported services
- Manage and update resource roster
- Perform daily reviews of tracking against SLA's to ensure contractual obligations are met
- Ensure monthly reporting is delivered to required standards and on time
- Be the first point of contact for in-team escalations and support concerns
- Escalate issues that cannot be managed to the SOC manager
- Conduct documentation reviews (every 6 months)
- Serve as an initial contact point for general and business-critical incidents
- Engage team with tracking reviews of monthly reports checking progress and quality
- Provide security analysis and security threat hunting coaching to Level 1 and Level 2 Analysts.
Experience Required to be considered for this role (All Essential):
- Extensive experience in Level 2 and 3 SOC Analyst roles
- Demonstrable experience leading high performing technical teams
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to motivate and inspire
- Demonstrable technical heritage - experience in network security or a security-related field is highly desirable
- Strong relationship building capability, with a desire to further develop your client management skills.
- You must be an Australian Resident to be considered for this role as no sponsorship can be given.
If you hold any of the following certifications / qualifications, they will be highly desirable:
- Security-related qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, SANS, ISO27001, CEH, CSX Fundamentals/Practitioner
- Familiarity with security frameworks (NIST, Mitre ATT&CK, AESCSF, CPS234)
- Vendor technical certifications (technical or security)
- ITIL/Six Sigma certifications
- Project and programme related experience or qualifications such as Prince II, PMP, Scrum, Agile
My clients are looking to appoint somebody in this role ASAP and will begin to conduct interviews at the beginning of next week.
If you have the aforementioned skills / capabilities please forward me a copy of your updated CV (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call me on 02 90371856 for immediate consideration.