Title: Senior Actuarial Analyst
Location: Sydney CBD
Please note: Due to Australia's strict COVID related international boarder closures, only candidates based in Australia will be considered for shortlisting.
Primary purpose of the role:
- Provide support and analysis for the Actuarial Team to enable this Insurance organisation to operate in a sustainable financially sound manner.
- Apply actuarial and analytical skills to corporate analytical assignments to provide an effective service to the business.
- Undertake analysis under the guidance of senior actuarial staff that improves the understanding of the organisation's performance.
- Provide support to projects that involve analysis of data and trends.
- Communicate complex actuarial and analytical modelling and the results of analysis to the actuarial team.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of the entities within the organisation.
- Manage workload and deliver outcomes in accordance with timeframes specified.
- Critically review processes and procedures suggesting opportunities for improvement where possible.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the relevant legislation, processes and actuarial requirements for the entities under the organisation.
- Responsible for making day to day decisions about work priorities, ensuring own timeframes are met.
- Responsible for the quality and validity of the advice and services provided and for the delivery of assigned tasks within timeframes.
- Considers the implications of issues and provides considered, well researched and relevant options to stakeholders.
- Determines appropriate method/approach to use in completion of tasks, ensuring compliance with actuarial frameworks and standards.
- Refers to the Actuary decisions that require operational change; are likely to escalate or create substantial or contentious issues; require a higher administrative or financial delegation, or level.
- Provide a client-focused approach to service delivery.
- Manage the flow of information, seek clarification and ensure that requests for analysis are clearly specified.
- Experience using SAS, SQL,
- Advanced Excel is mandatory
- Prior experience in Data mining
- Advantageous able to bring a wide range of experience working with an actuarial team and undertaking actuarial analysis, preferably in the insurance (GI) or financial services industries.
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other relevant field
- Min 2-5 Years prior experience as an acturial analyst
APPLY via the link provided, alternatively contact Scott Aitken at Oceans Group