Role title: Risk Manager
Location Sydney CBD
Role type: Permanent
NOTE: Due to COVID related Australian border closures, only candidates based in Australia will be considered for shortlisting.
About the role:
We are looking for a Risk Manager to join our Sydney office. This is an exciting opportunity to help develop and embed an enterprise risk management framework in a growing global organisation. The role sits in Line 2 and looks across every facet of the organisation. Reporting to the Head of Risk, you will play a vital role in supporting the continued development of a strong risk framework and culture. You will work closely with senior leaders to understand the risks and to affect change.
- Provide the business with insights into their risk profile, as well as emerging risks including those related to strategy will be an invaluable component of the role
- Development, roll-out and oversight of elements of the risk management framework including policies, training, material change risk assessment, risk and control self-assessment, incident and issue management, controls assurance, GRC tools implementation and Board reporting.
- Oversee the management of a central Risk Register for the organisation including partnering with leaders to support the effective identification, assessment, treatment, and monitoring of risks across the organisation.
- Provide the business with insights into their risk profile, as well as emerging risks including those related to strategy will be an invaluable component of the role.
- Contribute to and coordinate the implementation of the Risk Management Framework and supporting procedures, policies, and plans.
- Contribute to the reporting of risks and procedures to the Executive Leadership Team and Audit and Risk Committee.
- Conduct appropriate analysis on root causes and trends and then assist the business to identify control improvements.
- Undertake systematic challenge, review and validation of the effectiveness of controls in place for the business team's management of risk, including recommending improvements where warranted.
- Communicate best practice in relation to risk management throughout all levels of the organisation and support our people to understand their responsibilities with respect to risk management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience working independently implementing risk management in either operational risk or assurance preferably in a Technology, Financial Markets or consulting firm.
- Strong change and project management skills, including the ability to manage time well, prioritise effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
- Detail-oriented approach needed to recommend and implement strategic improvements on a range of compliance and risk issues.
- Experience in developing policy and compliance training.
- Have exposure presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce or Technology.
- Global experience desired, not mandatory.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a matrixed environment and across multiple time-zones.
- Collaborative with the ability to influence, negotiate, guide, and work with cross-functional teams to achieve joint objectives.
- Pragmatic approach and an ability to identify a broad range of risks at all levels within a global organisation.
- Curious and learning mindset with an interest in technology.
- Ability to build brand and strong relationships.
- Objective, with the ability to remain impartial and report all non-compliance.
- Ability to adapt seamlessly to changing situations and priorities.
- Strong ownership, initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently, take ownership for tasks and be accountable for results and performance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including drafting skills, and ability to effectively interact with staff, senior management, and internal clients.
For more info please APPLY via the link below or reach out to Scott Aitken over at Oceans Group