Our client, a leading, reputable and well-known bank are currently looking for an exceptional Procurement Officer to join this high performing newly created team. You will drive procurement strategies, manage purchasing requirements, and improve procurement processes as well as working collaboratively with all senior stakeholders across the bank. This is a blended role, an opportunity to report directly into the head of this function who reports directly into the CEO.
This is a role that will see you accountable for the entire function, whereby no two days will be the same. You will enjoy multi-tasking, wearing multiple hats, working across significant projects in a fast paced environment.
Your day to day responsibilities will include;
- You will prepare all procurement and tender documentation, providing advice on supplier evaluation and selection process
- Manage all purchasing requirements for all phases of the procurement process
- Maintain all of the relationships with all service providers
- Evaluate and improve procurement processes, set new strategies and problem solve
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for all purchases
- Collaborate with building and facility agents, project managers to manage the banks properties, and assist with completion of the office fit out and relocation project
To be successful for this position you will have;
- 2-4 + years' experience within a prior procurement officer role, ideally from Banking or Financial Services however not essential
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- A superior understanding of procurement processes, policy and systems
- Intermediate to Advanced level in Excel and other Microsoft packages
- Ability to understand, communicate and influence stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast moving, high performing environment
- The ability to multi task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to draft tenders, negotiate and analyse problems
This is an exciting opportunity to influence business strategies, work with a progressive organisation, and interact with all senior stakeholders across the bank.
Please apply on-line or for more information please contact Sophie Monaghan at Oceans Group on 02 9037 1860