There is an opportunity to join an international investment management firm in a Operations Director role. This organisation are growth focused with offices in Hong Kong, New York and Mumbai. The newly created Operations Director role will be based in HK and have a global coverage. The business is seeking a skilled and experienced Operations Director to support the COO for all fund-related operational initiatives and matters. The Operations Director will be responsible for coordinating and managing various operational processes, oversight and projects to ensure efficient and effective fund operational deliverables and objectives.
- Operational Oversight and Coordination
- Oversee and manage the fund operational related tasks ensuring efficiency and adherence to established policies and procedures
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure seamless operational processes and effectiveness
- Operational Risk Management
- Collaborate with the Compliance and Risk teams to ensure operational processes comply with regulatory requirements and internal controls
- Monitor operational risk and implement risk mitigation strategies and controls
- Client Servicing
- Work closely with Investment and Sales teams to ensure exceptional service for addressing client inquiries not limited to client onboarding processes and resolving operational issues
- Project Management
- Support COO and participate in operational projects such as system implementations, process enhancements, and operational initiatives ensuring successful project delivery and alignment with business objectives and timelines
- Vendor Management
- Manage relationships with operational vendors and service providers, ensuring contractual compliance, performance monitoring and cost efficiency relating to fund operational engagements.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum bachelor's degree in business, finance, law or a related field. Advanced degree or relevant professional certification is preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience in operations management with a focus on the financial services industry and asset management.
- Experience with Cayman domiciled funds and UCITs domiciled funds
- Good understanding of asset management operations, including portfolio administration, fund administration, trade processing and oversight responsibilities
- Sound knowledge of regulatory requirements and best practices related to asset management operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and build effective working relationships
- Proficiency in using operational systems and technologies including portfolio and fund administration systems, trading platforms and reporting tools
If you feel that your experience is suited please apply.