On behalf of my clients a large multi-national bank I am urgently looking for an experienced Operational Risk Manager ideally with Line 2 experience who has gained experience working in the Banking or Financial Services Sector.
Reporting into the Head of Risk you will be responsible for key risk deliverables, as well as building strong trusted relationships with the Line 1 Risk, Audit teams and other Business services within the bank. You will also be responsible for providing a strategic approach to the management of operational risk.
- Raise awareness and understanding of operational risk and control concepts and their relevance to strategic and operational business activities
- Act as a trusted adviser through providing practical and risk-based advice in a timely manner including highlighting regulatory developments and industry-related risk insights
- Implement risk management framework and relevant policies and procedures into BAU
- Update and monitor the Branch's risk limits in accordance with principles stated in relevant policies (e.g. Operational, Incident Management, etc.)
- Monitor and challenge the implementation of the risk management framework including investigating and reporting progress against risk remediation plans and issues
- Assist the business in establishing Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) that enable effective monitoring of risks and early identification of potential issues
- Design and deliver relevant and engaging risk management training to business staff
To be considered for this role, my clients are looking for somebody with the following skills experience:
- At least 5 years experience gained in a similar role in the banking or financial services sector (ESSENTIAL).
- Solid understanding of APRA and other regulatory requirements. (ESSENTIAL)
- Detailed knowledge of principles, practices, theories and concepts relating to operational risk management. (ESSENTIAL)
- Experience with Branch Banking would be highly advantageous.
- Candidates who can fluently speak and read both English and Mandarin will be extremely desirable.
My clients are ideally looking to start somebody in this role before Xmas or at the latest the week after New Year.
If you have the aforementioned skills / capabilities please send me a copy of your updated CV to Sarah Wallace (firstname.lastname@example.org) OR call me on 0290371856.