Our client, a leading, reputable and well-known travel insurance organisation are currently looking for an exceptional National Product Specialist / Underwriter to join this high performing team in this newly created role.
As the Product Specialist for the business, you will be the first point of contact for underwriting complex corporate risks, supporting the compliance framework and be experienced in developing products. This is a blended role, an opportunity to report directly into the Head of Compliance and work collaboratively with the Head of Actuarial.
This is a role that will see you accountable for the underwriting function, whereby no two days will be the same. You will enjoy multi-tasking, wearing multiple hats, working across significant insurance projects in a fast paced environment.
Your day to day responsibilities will include;
- You will be the initial point of contact to underwrite complex corporate risks including policy acceptance, risk management, pricing and terms of business
- Work collaboratively to maintain all underwriting guidelines and provide insights to the mix of the overall portfolio
- Develop products to ensure an environment of ongoing improvement for the broader business and the customer
- Assist the head of compliance with compliance obligations, framework and compliance reviews
- Evaluate and improve processes, set new strategies and problem solve
- Collaborate with Actuarial, Compliance, Sales and Broking teams and build strong working relationships
To be successful for this position you will have;
- 4-6 + years' experience within a prior National Product Specialist role / Underwriting / Claims role ideally from corporate travel insurance
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- A superior understanding of travel insurance underwriting and compliance
- Knowledge of Product Disclosure Statements
- Intermediate to Advanced level in Excel and other Microsoft packages
- Ability to understand, communicate and influence stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast moving, high performing environment
- The ability to multi task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to underwrite, negotiate and analyse problems
This is an exciting opportunity to influence business strategies, work with a progressive organisation, and interact with all senior stakeholders across the organisation.
Please apply on-line or for more information please contact Sophie Monaghan at Oceans Group on 02 9037 1860