Oceans has been exclusively engaged to source a Regional Marketing Director APAC. Leading our clients regional marketing strategy, driving growth for their prestigious marine brands across region. In this senior position, you will work closely with leadership to develop and implement a regional brand, marketing and communications strategy to support the growth of the marine business. This organisation has the distribution rights for a number of international brands across the region.
This position will be responsible for the overall strategic direction of the marketing strategy and support the local regional marketing heads in guiding and assisting the local execution. Key markets include Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Thailand and Australia. Experience in these markets will be essential.
The position can be based in Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore or Thailand.
Significant experience across the full suite of go-to market disciplines is required including; digital marketing, social media, channel marketing, marketing analytics, branding, advertising, media relations, events and brand partner relationships.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a sound understanding of the marine industry, particularly the unique pre and post purchasing journey. You must have strong leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to build effective interpersonal relationships with multiple stakeholders including suppliers, internal staff, end clients, and industry colleagues.
- Marketing and external communications
- Co-develop with leadership a strategic brand, marketing and communications plan that addresses geographic and industry sector market leadership goals.
- Effectively execute the marketing and external communications plan in collaboration with Global, Asia-Pacific and other relevant regional marketing, communications and business development teams
- Delivering innovative campaigns to increase market share and revenue for priority solutions, services, and products
- Champion innovative use of digital channels including web, account-based media buy, marketing automation and social media
- Leverage data and analytics to drive insights; develop and implement metrics to measure results of marketing campaigns and programs including lead generation/sales in line with marketing automation system implementation; provide analysis and recommendations to support continuous growth, improved execution and team development
- Lead development of public relations strategies and plans for media/ social media and other significant stakeholders such as regulators, professional bodies, business organisations and potential employees
- Leverage and deploy strategic Asia-Pacific and Global brand partner programs
- Demonstrate and measure return on investment of marketing programs and campaigns
- Actively contribute to the broader Brand, Marketing and Communications ecosystem within the broader group of companies
- Strategic internal communications
- Help drive employee engagement
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of a core set of internal communication channels, consistent with the Asia-Pacific Area (e.g. social media, film)
- Drive consistent internal and external messaging, in coordination with APAC Area and Global teams
- Ensure there is a clear understanding of and adherence to communication protocols across the Region
- Enhance efficiency of Communications and Engagement efforts
- Other activities
- Prepare and manage budgets and report against key performance indicators
- Member of the Asia-Pacific Regional Leadership Team
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in communications and marketing roles, with at least 6 years at a senior management level.
- A tertiary qualification (preferably at post graduate level) in marketing, communications, media, journalism, or other relevant discipline
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong relationship management, influencing and problem-solving skills
- Excellent persuasive and presentation skills; executive presence
If you feel that your experience is suited to the role please apply.