Our client is seeking two experienced Java Developers for an immediate start. These roles support the clients key life critical application. The application is used by a response division to help coordinate assets in maritime and aviation search and rescue incidents.
It provides a consistent and flexible way of managing the information passed in and out of the JRCC. It provides tools for operators to manage its information in an efficient, robust way, utilising a server, software framework, operational workstations, computer telephony and large electronic wall displays.
The purpose of the application is to:
- Track and record the status of all JRCC incidents for Aviation, Maritime and general search and rescue (SAR) incidents
- Capture statistics and performance indicators required for the efficient management of the JRCC
- Obtain data on SAR equipment loaded and deployed
- Provide administrative and financial information
- Provide input to monthly reporting
- Provide data to assist in ad-hoc inquiries
The application from a development perspective is more aptly described as an ecosystem of applications that support the above business functions with a JAVA back end and a .NET front end. Satellite communications, messaging, asset, drift detection and prediction and application health monitoring are just some of the components these roles will be required to support.
- At least 8 years Java experience, enterprise design patterns, JPA, JEE an advantage, reactive programming an advantage. Web service development, SOAP and REST APIs.
- Maven lifecycle management, Continuous Integration, Unit and System Integration testing
- Major database experience, including data modelling, stored procedures. Oracle preferred
- Unix/Linux, Bash
- AWS development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to be 24x7 on-call. On average one call a fortnight for the backend dev team. Historically calls escalated to the dev team between 10pm and 6am are rare (one per year)
- AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN WITH HAVE BASELINE CLEARANCE