On behalf of my clients in the Banking sector I am currently looking for an experienced IT Risk & Security Officer to be based from my clients head offices in the heart of Sydney.
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager the IT Risk & Security Officer will be required to support the business in relation to ongoing security improvements including running risk auditing, security analysis, compliance testing & reporting, conducting security assessments and testing of new IT solutions.
- Support the business in relation to ongoing security improvements
- Monitor and Identify weaknesses and potential threats to existing information security toolsets.
- Perform security analyst work by investigating anomalies and facilitating incident response management.
- Act as a technical SME to security operations to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure security requirements are identified and actioned.
- Ensure availability and integrity of data sourced from systems against business specifications is operating effectively
- Assurance of information security, cyber security and data protection / privacy requirements in connection with the Bank's prudential or internal
- compliance obligations
- System inputs to the Bank's regulatory reporting process remain effective and technically compliant
- Support the change functions and in the identification, management and assurance of emerging technology risks arising from projects and other
- change initiatives;
- Manage elements of monitoring, demonstrating appropriate management of risk and compliance with policy.
Completion of all assigned mandatory training in a timely manner and ensuring direct reports also comply
- Adhere to relevant policies and procedures during daily work processes to minimise instances of operational risk and possible loss to the Bank and
- bring to management's attention any actual or potential operational risk or losses
- Adhere to relevant employment legislation e.g. WHS, OHS (Occupational Health & Safety), Anti-Discrimination
- Other duties and responsibilities as delegated
Essential Competencies/Skills Required:
- Ability to identify and assess opportunities for best practice technology driven business solutions
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts to a broad range of stakeholders through superior written, report presentation and verbal communication skills
- Sound, empathic interpersonal skills at all organisational levels; ·
- Solid understanding of risk management framework including COBIT, ITIL, ISO 27001/2 and NIST
- Experience in business information security architecture, systems, procedures and protocols
- Strong understanding of banking procedures and control frameworks
Desirable Qualifications / Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in computer science or comparative technical field
- Minimum of 8 years Banking/ Financial services experience;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an risk and security role
- Good Knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislative frameworks;
- Significant experience of 3rd party risk management (relating to technology and security risks).
If you have the aforementioned skills / experience and would like to be considered for this role please hit 'Apply Now' or send your up to date resume to Sarah Wallace (email@example.com) for immediate consideration,