My clients are a successful and highly regarded Public Practice accounting firm located in North Sydney, They specialise in providing high quality accountancy services and specialised consulting primarily in the areas of taxation, superannuation and business services.
They have a large client base which is continuing to grow so they not have 2 open positions that I am assisting them in sourcing candidates for.
The first is for an Intermediate Accountant and the second is for a Senior Accountant who is ready to step into a Management role.
Brief role descriptions for each below:
As the Intermediate Accountant you will be required to:
- Provide support to assist in the tax calculation and preparation for individuals, partnerships, trusts, and companies.
- Analyse, interpret and reporting of financial metrics including assisting in the processing of financial statements and prepare income tax returns; assist in the completion and lodgement of quarterly BAS' and monthly IAS'; assist in the completion and lodgement of monthly/annual payroll tax; process payroll for client employees on Xero and MYOB; liaise with the ATO in relation to client matters.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT / MANAGER:
- Overseeing and reviewing the work of other team member and bringing to completion.
- Acting as a team mentor and providing advice where required.
- Taking responsibility for managing day to day activities of the team.
- Acting as a senior point of contact for clients.
- Effectively communicating with clients and ensuring their needs are met.
- Identifying and solving problems independently.
- Business development.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Both roles require prior experience gained in Public Practice accounting (3+ years for the Intermediate role and ideally 8+ for the Senior)
- CA OR CPA Certified (can be working towards for the Intermediate role).
- Prior experience reviewing work of other accountants for the Senior role would be highly regarded.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Experience with Accounting software such as XERO / MYOB would be beneficial
- Excellent and proven leadership skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work within a diverse team environment
If you have the aforementioned skills / experience and would like to learn more or be considered for this role please apply now with a copy of your updated resume or contact me directly : Sarah Wallace 0290371856 (firstname.lastname@example.org)