On behalf of my clients, one of largest employers in Perth I am currently looking for an experienced HR Advisor who has a wealth of experience in Industrial Relations.
The position will be based from my clients head offices in the heart of Perth CBD and is initially being offered as a 12 month day rate contract however view of extension or transition to a permanent role is highly viable.
As the Sneior HR Advisor (IR) you will be responsible for ER/IR services and initiatives. You will partner with the business units fostering strong relationships with your client group to deliver innovative solutions and effective outcomes for the organisation.
This position is responsible for providing generalist HR advice and functions to facilitate an equitable, efficient and effective workforce while taking part in the delivery of HR services including employment relations, workforce planning, change management, policies and systems, managing workplace performance and behaviour, diversity, supporting a respectful workplace culture, and providing general advice on staffing/Award related matters.
Through coaching and continuing to build the HR capability this role will build genuine business partnerships with senior managers operating as a functional expert as well as providing best practice advice and processes.
You will have extensive experience in the field of Human Resources and/or Employee Relations/Industrial Relations and a successful track record in business partnering within a large and diverse organisation.
The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a clear ability to influence others and resolve complex issues by using sound judgment and expertise. They will also be able to demonstrate an impressive track record of generalist HR experience.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Extensive experience in strategic and operational Human Resources at a senior level
- Sound knowledge of the legislative and regulative requirements relating to human resources management and industrial/employee relations, and the ability to provide practical advice on Human Resources matters and conduct workplace investigations demonstrating adherence to legislation and policies throughout the investigation processes
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including effective dispute management and alternate dispute resolution skills; demonstrated ability to consult effectively with key stakeholders including management, staff and industrial bodies
- Demonstrated ability to maintain meticulous attention to detail and meet predetermined targets and deadlines, whilst being flexible and able to adapt work practices to suit circumstances;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the proven ability to analyse and problem solve combined with the ability to prepare briefs, reports and disciplinary letters
Ability to work independently with limited direction as to work priorities with demonstrated experience managing and meeting deadlines
Advanced computing skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as experience using human resource information systems and records management systems