About our client
Our client is seeking a Head of People & Culture based in South Brisbane to work with an Australian-owned iconic brand as they seek to transform their people and culture strategy from the ground up. Partnering with the CEO and MD of this retail business, along with your peer leadership team - you will innovate and breathe life back into the business.
This retail business spans the entire country with a blend of both retail and franchise stores. Your remit will be to build HR, people and culture processes and policies to cover both retail networks and the store support centre. You will be challenged with designing, building and implementing world class change initiatives across the entire employee lifecycle.
About the role
- Build strong, productive working relationships with executives, management and teams across the business.
- Coach line managers to improve the performance of their people, lifting their capability and empowering them to drive the performance of their teams in order to meet and exceed business objectives.
- Manage all recruitment activity and our EVP to attract key talent.
- Promote a strong culture in line with the organisation's Values and behavioural expectations.
- ER & IR - Advising on employment matters and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
- Review and set up key people practices and policies to drive the success of our teams.
- Provide day-to-day support to managers to help problem-solve issues related to their teams and overall performance.
- Oversee HR cost controlling, including wage and salary structures, pay policies, and variable pay systems such as bonuses.
- Work with managers to help set role and performance expectations for their teams.
- Lead training and development activities and projects, including new employee inductions and onboarding.
- Lead the implementation of the performance planning and review system in order to continuously lift the bar on performance.
- Develop and implement reward, recognition and retention strategies.
- Identify development needs across the brand and propose solutions to bridge capability gaps.
This is a fast-paced business that needs a fast-paced HR, people and culture professional - who can hit the ground running. With a strong business strategy set on growth for the next 3-5 years, your ability as a HR, people and culture professional must be able to contribute to this plan and execute your deliverables accordingly.
You will have a pedigree in HR but also a personal passion for "people and culture". You will come from ideally another retail business with a large headcount or from a similar people orientated consumer brand.
- Degree qualified in relevant HR or Business discipline.
- At least 5 years' experience in a HR generalist or business partnering role.
- Sound experience in industrial relations with strong working knowledge of industrial and employee relations.
- Very responsive and has an innate desire to help others.
- Strategic thinker. Able to provide strategic advice, develop options, analyse risks, make good judgements, and solve problems.
- Able to develop highly effective working relationships by building credibility, respect and rapport with internal and external networks.
- A clear thinker, calm and a strong leader; someone who works well in a collaborative setting yet will take initiative and drive results independently.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven recruitment capabilities, people development and leadership accomplishments.
- Creative, resourceful, and pragmatic with a positive 'can do' and solution-focused attitude.
Whats on offer
An excellent remuneration package is available for the right individual.
In the first instance, please submit your CV in order to be considered.