Our client is going through a major sale so we are seeking an experienced Executive Manager with investments Governance Advisory experience.
- Provide trusted advice, support and assistance in relation to trustee fiduciary governance and prudential guidance on behalf of the Trustees, with a focus on ensuring appropriate governance of investment, asset management and associated arrangements
- Be proactive in promoting the principles of trustee fiduciary governance and advocating for the best interests of members in all dealings
- Assist to prepare for, and contribute to, Board and Committee meetings and related management meetings
- Prepare and provide the required reporting to the Boards and the Board Audit and Risk Committees
- Building enduring and respected relationships with key stakeholders in the businesses so that
- Taking responsibility for maintaining and developing relevant policies and frameworks
- Assist to provide thought leadership and training for the business in respect of key trustee governance obligations (for example conflicts and best interests)
- Drive an approach of consistency of support and process where possible i
- Identifying opportunities to improve existing processes and procedures and simplify and/or improve systems and processes in your area.
- Take responsibility for solving complex issues across various professions and disciplines requiring liaison with specialist advisers (such as Lawyers, Accountants, Actuarial Consultants, and Investment Consultants).
- Lead and encourage the sharing of knowledge with colleagues
- Ten years' plus experience in the financial services industry
- A strong understanding of superannuation and trustee governance obligations and the superannuation environment (including the regulatory regimes, the nature of trusteeship and superannuation products)
- Excellent communication skills, and relationship building skills, including the ability to persuade and influence colleagues and stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to make sound practical decisions with confidence
- A positive and energetic approach to your day to day work
- Significant experience in the provision of governance support or advice to trustees, or other associated relevant experience
- Tertiary qualification
- Legal risk or compliance experience at a senior level would be highly regarded
If you are interested in learning more about this position and have the aforementioned skills / experience please click apply now
Note: Please only apply if you're based in Australia (Due to COVID related boarder closures)