About our client
The Scots College, based in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs, is one of the oldest and most reputable boys' schools in Australia. The school's vision is focused on the education, pastoral care, nurture and development of their students who are inspired to learn, lead and serve as they strive for excellence together.
The academic faculty is supported by a group of highly valued Corporate and Administrative staff with a strong sense of community and an encouraging environment that exists at the College. Due to some recent changes within the Finance Department, they are looking for a forward-thinking professional College Accountant to join their close-knit team.
About the role:
This is a permanent full-time position supporting the Finance Business Partner across all aspect of the accounting cycle including the coordination of the management accounting and budgeting operations of the College.
- Managing the delivery of the monthly reporting
- Preparation and delivery of divisional budgets/forecasts
- Assisting with system and process improvements
- Managing relationships with multiple stakeholders in the business.
- Ideally CA/CPA qualified or working towards.
- 5+ years' experience, in a similar management accounting focussed role
- Experience within either an educational or academic setting will be held in high regard
- Hands on experience in delivering month end to tight deadlines and expert knowledge of accounting and finance practices and processes
- Proven stakeholder management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal) that can be adapted to suit audience
What's on offer?
The College offers outstanding opportunities for professional development, a supportive work environment and new experiences.
The College has a strong Christian mission and provides a dynamic educational experience, inspiring our Scots boys to become fine young men of integrity and principle who support each other in their quest for excellence. Strong and positive values are integral to our college and we aim to build a culture of respect in our community towards God, others, self and our environment by aligning our policies and practices with Christian principles.
Candidates must demonstrate a positive support for the Christian values of a Presbyterian GPS School.
Successful candidates must have a current NSW Working with Children Clearance. Information on obtaining a Working with Children Clearance Number can be found at https://www.ocg.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check.