Job title - Business Performance Analyst
Pay rate: $650 p/d + Super
Location: Sydney CBD
Contract duration - 6 months initial
Primary purpose of the role:
Work with the program stakeholders and undertake data analysis in order to drive the effective monitoring and management of the Review and Remediation Program. Help in identifying emerging issues/ trends, troubleshoot and provide strategic advice supported by analytics to assist in decision-making.
Reviewing data quality across the systems / insurers and providing constructive feedback on work required to remediate. Overseeing the quality of data on the nominal insurer single platform and supporting the business in the refinement of processes and practices.
- Undertake critical data analysis, interpret and analyse data using Qlik, Excel and our SAS analytics platform.
- Analyse data in the claims environment to ensure that reporting solutions are complete/accurate and effectively implemented/embedded.
- Provide technical interpretations of relevant legislation, trend analysis of the range of scheme statistics and the outcomes of systemic reviews of claims.
- Delivery of data analysis both written/verbal to senior management in order for them to make appropriate decisions.
- Analyse data to uncover data quality issues, future trends and recommendations for management.
- Run reporting in SAS/Qlik to extract data and consolidate to prepare reporting for senior management.
- Perform a range of data-related activities to support projects, including: data profiling, data quality assessment, source-to-target data mapping, diagnosis of data quality issues, provide advice and guidance regarding data cleansing, and data reconciliation.
- Facilitate the downloading, collation, and distribution of data quality error reports to relevant business units and ensure satisfactory completion to increase the quality of claims data.
- Analyse data quality error reports to identify emerging issues and/or trends and work with different business units to ensure best practice and processes are in place to prevent data quality deterioration.
- Keep abreast with the evolving changes in regulatory reporting requirements, legislative reforms, and industry changes to ensure business process and practices are aligned and relevant.
- Solid understanding of workers insurance or general insurance with a sound understanding of claims management.
- Sound knowledge of data analysis and ability to build strong relationships while influencing and working with stakeholders, peers and external resources.
- Degree qualification in mathematics, statistics or equivalent.
- Ability to write code in SAS and SQL to solve complex data analytics problems.
- Ability to build interactive dashboards in Qlik or an equivalent visualisation tool.
- Pre-employment checks.
- Must be based in Australia
Please APPLY via the link below or contact Scott Aitken via LinkedIn for an intro