Role: Mid - Senior Business Analyst - Financial Risk & Controls
Location: Sydney CBD
Type: Contract - 6 month day rate (High chance of extension)
Please note: Due to COVID related international boarder closures only Australian based candidates will be considered for shortlisting.
Role description: Remediation and identifying existing incorrect data lineage controls, implementing correct controls. This role requires confident customer/stakeholder facing BA's
- Financial Risk & Controls Experience - Required
- Financial Crime Experience - Mandatory
- Advanced verbal & written Communication skills, coupled with solid documentation skills
- Communicate effectively and provide deep insights to various stakeholders to help meet the required SLA on timeliness and quality.
- Lead meeting and develop agenda for Ops and Support functions to review performance and efficiency.
- Preparing and making reports/ presentations on Back office operations
- Test and validate accuracy of data in reports, analytics and dashboards.
- Contributing to working group packs, run workshops independently
- Exceptional Data Lineage and prior regulatory control implementation experience - Mandatory
- Assess and evaluate the client's current state business policies, processes, systems across the end-to end value chain (including different lines of businesses)
- Understand the business issues, incidents, record breaches and evaluate risk and compliance impacts
- Identify shortcomings in the risk and compliance framework, policies and processes and provide and implement recommendations
- Analyse existing and proposed controls and procedures and prepare recommendations where revisions, additional efficiency's are required
- Assist in implementing approved recommendations, issuing revised instructions and procedure manuals, and drafting other documentation
Key Skills required
- 4-5 years of work experience with preferred hands-on exposure to risk and compliance management and/ controls transformation projects
- Strong understanding of business controls, control management life cycle stages, control assessment techniques
- Strong concept knowledge of risks and compliance including 3 lines of defence models
- Soft skills- Curiosity, Courage, Integrity, Incisiveness
- Problem solving skills, analytical
- Understanding of the project management techniques including AGILE methodology
Please APPLY via the link below or contact Scott Aitken on 0466277891 to find out more about this
Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn via: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-aitken-4037405b/