On behalf of my clients I am working on an urgent open contract vacancy looking for an experienced IT Project Manager who has prior experience gained in Defence and who is also familiar working in an Agile environment and applying Agile methodologies.
The role will be based from clients site in Canberra and will initially run until the end of October 2021 however it is highly likely that it will extend anywhere up to 3 years.
We are looking for a Project Manager who has a proven background in running IT Projects and delivering end to end complex projects. The role sits within the IT Projects division so my clients are looking for somebody who is prepared to be hands on where required to drive results.
Your responsibilities will include (not limited to):
- Coordinate project planning, resourcing, staffing, progress reporting, and troubleshooting and stakeholder management.
- Develop and update project artefacts as required including PMP, schedule, risk and issues registers, and communication plans etc.
- Ensure project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost.
- Monitor performance and recommend schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions.
- Manage dependencies that are being delivered by other ICT providers.
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to project sponsors, end-users and management.
- Participate in budget development and evaluating how the project plan changes impact cost and schedule.
To be considered for this role my clients are looking for someone with the following skills / experience:
- 10+ years project management experience with a solid portion of this being gained in Defence.
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with senior stakeholders and juggling the complexity of managing the expectations of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to produce outcomes in a complex environment, while building partnerships and drives collaboration with others.
- Agile PM Experience is essential and Agile certs such as SCRUM Master would be desirable.
- Minimum current NV1 clearance is essential
- Experience with CIOG would be advantageous.
If you have the aforementioned skills / experience and you would like to learn more about this role please send a copy of your updated resume to Sarah Wallace (email@example.com) OR call me on 0290371856.